CallShortcut is a new jailbreak tweak developed by gertab and David Glinski that allows you to call a contact from the home screen (SpringBoard) as easy as you would open an application. You no longer have to search through all of your contacts just to end up calling the same person over and over again.
- Creates an icon on your home screen
- No alerts and confirmations when you start a call
- The icon photo is the same as the contact’s photo
- If there’s more than one number for a contact, you have the option to select which one to use
- Change the icon name format (name only, surname only, both, both with title, note, nickname, etc.)
To create a shortcut for a contact, simply open the Phone app or Contacts app and select ‘Add to Home Screen’ when you are viewing a person. CallShortcut does not force you to keep each contact after you have created a shortcut for it on the home screen. It’s safe to create a shortcut and then delete the contact. It will still function and call that person. You can check out a short video demo below:
The tweak requires iOS 7 or above and works on iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s. If you are interested in trying out CallShortcut, head on over to Cydia and download it for free from the default BigBoss repository. Let us know what you think of it in the comments.
Make sure you check out our Cydia Tweak List to explore more tweaks for your jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.