If you’re on iOS 7.1 or higher and haven’t updated to iOS 8 yet, then you still have a chance to jailbreak your iOS device. The Pangu Jailbreak tool that’s available for both Mac and Windows, can be used to jailbreak a supported iOS device that’s running on iOS 7.1- 7.1.2.
Since iOS 7.1.2 is the latest and last version of iOS 7, we hope you’re on it. If you’re not on iOS 7.1.2, it’s alright, you can still jailbreak. Do not try to update to iOS 7.1.2 though without checking if iOS 7.1.2 is still being signed for your device. If it’s not you’ll be asked to update to iOS 8. There’s no jailbreak available for iOS 8 as of yet. The process is fairly simple, all you need is a compatible device, a Mac or PC, Internet connection and some free time.
Before we begin, download the Pangu Jailbreak tool from our Downloads section. Next, run the Pangu tool on your Windows or Mac and connect your iOS device using the USB cable. Make sure there is no Passcode Lock on your iOS device.
Follow the steps below to successfully jailbreak your iOS device on iOS 7.1.2. The steps are the same even if you’re on iOS 7.1-7.1.1.
- On your iOS device, head over to Settings>General>Date & Time and set the date to June 2nd 2014.
- Click on the Jailbreak button on the tool and wait for a new Pangu icon to appear on your iOS device. Tap on the icon and select continue.
- You should now see a message saying ‘Keep the device connected and do not close the app.’ Well, you know what to do.
- After a few minutes your device should reboot and welcome you with a ‘Enjoy your jailbreak’ message.
- Unlock to find Cydia waiting there on the homescreen.
Well, that’s it. You’ve successfully jaibroken your iOS device and can now try out some cool tweaks from Cydia. You know where to look for those tweaks right? On our website of course.
If you face any problems or have any queries, feel free to use our comments section.