A brand new untethered jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 was released earlier today by TaiG. If you’ve updated to iOS 8.1.1 and don’t want to downgrade, you can follow our step-by-step guide and jailbreak your iOS device.
You’re going to have to backup your iOS device and do the following before jailbreaking using the TaiG tool on Windows:
- Download TaiG iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak for Window from our downloads page.
- Turn off Find my iDevice, TouchID and Passcode lock on your iOS device.
- Enable Airplane mode.
- Connect your iOS device to the PC and make sure iTunes recognizes it.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 Using TaiG On Windows:
- Now, extract the downloaded TaiG file to the desktop. Open the folder, right click on the TaiG application and select Run as Administrator.
- Your device should show up on the tool. The TaiG tool is in Chinese, but worry not. Deselect the second box that says 3K-something. Click on the Green button.
- The jailbreak process should start. It will take less than 2 minutes for it to finish and you will be shown with a smiley face at the end.
- The jailbreak process is now complete. Your iOS device should now reboot. This is normal. Upon reboot, you’ll see the Cydia app on your Homescreen.
Your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 8.1.1 is now running an untethered jailbreak. Time to try out your favorite tweaks if you haven’t already.
Be sure to check out our Cydia Tweak List page to find tweaks for your newly jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.