Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to jailbreak your iOS device running iOS 8 or later using the newly updated Pangu8 1.1.0 jailbreak tool on Windows. You’re going to need a Windows PC or know how to run a Virtual Machine to be able to jailbreak using a Mac. Not to worry though, a Mac version should be out very soon.
To begin, Pangu8 1.1.0 is the complete iOS 8 jailbreak solution and comes loaded with Cydia. In the previous version, you had to install Cydia manually or through the Pangu app. Now, all you have to do is follow our tutorial and you’ll have a jailbroken iOS device in no time.
As always, it’s safe to make a backup before we proceed. Turn off Passcode Lock or Touch ID, disable Find My iPhone, iPod touch or iPad and Enable Airplane Mode. According to the Pangu team, switching on Airplane Mode can give a 100 percent success rate. Let’s begin, shall we?
- Download Pangu8 1.1.0 from our Downloads Page.
- Right click on the Pangu tool, select Run as Administrator.
- Connect your iOS device to the PC. The Pangu tool should recognize your device immediately and the Start Jailbreak button should turn blue. Click on it.
- You will be greeted by this page below, click on ‘Already did.’
- The jailbreak process will now begin. Sit back and wait till the progress bar reaches the end, in which case your device will reboot.
- After reboot, you should be greeted by a familiar Cydia icon on the Homescreen.
Voila! You’ve just jailbroken your iOS device, time to try out some new tweaks.