The Pangu team recently released a Mac tool for their iOS 8 – 8.1 untethered jailbreak. So far, users had to use the Windows tool if they wanted to jailbreak their iOS device. Now, if you’re a Mac user, that’s a little difficult. With a dedicated tool for Mac, things get super easy. Learn how to jailbreak your iOS device running on iOS 8 or later using Pangu8 for Mac.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 using Pangu8 for Mac OS X. Before you begin, make sure you back up your device, just in case something goes wrong. You will also need to turn off Passcode Lock and disable Find my iDevice. It is also recommended that you do a fresh restore from iTunes or by downloading the IPSW, if you had updated using OTA (Over the Air). Let’s begin.
- Download Pangu8 1.0.0 for Mac from our Downloads section.
- Launch the Pangu8 dmg file. It will extract and place the app on your desktop.
- Right click on the Pangu8 app and select Open. Now connect your iOS device via USB cable.
- Device not detected? Unlock your device and tap on Trust.
- Once your device is shown on the Pangu8 tool, the Start Jailbreak button should turn blue. Click on it.
- The jailbreak process will begin and a Slide to Upgrade screen will appear on your device after a while. Simply slide to upgrade.
- Your device should reboot and upon boot, you will see the Pangu and Cydia icons on the homescreen.
- If for some reason the Pangu icon is just a blank and the app crashes on launch, then you need to repeat the entire process.