A new jailbreak tweak called Stepper has been released on Cydia that will show your step count on the statusbar and lockscreen of your iPhone 5s. This tweak is a must have if you are interested in your health and want to check how many steps you have done in a specific time period but don’t want to, or are too lazy to open a step counter application every time to get this information.
Stepper offers various options to customize your experience from its preference pane located in the Settings.app, such as:
- Set your own time period for which the steps should get fetched from (from today up to seven days in the past).
- Set the refresh interval for when the steps should get fetched from the M7 (from real time to 60 minutes).
- Choose whether to replace ‘slide to unlock’ with the step count.
- Choose whether to show the step count on lock screen or not.
- Choose whether to show the step count on the statusbar or not (and also customize the separator).
Note: After you have installed the tweak, your iPhone 5s will respring and you will have to allow request to StepperApp to receive the motion data from the M7.
If you would like to try out this Cydia tweak on your jailbroken iPhone 5s, you can download it from Cydia’s BigBoss repository for $1. Be sure to share your thoughts on Stepper in the comments.