Some very useful and popular Cydia tweaks received updates recently. The updates make these compatible with iOS 8 and later. If you’ve jailbroken your iDevice using the new iOS 8 – 8.1.x Pangu jailbreak, then you would definitely want to get these tweaks.
First up, the popular and powerful file management tool for jailbroken iOS devices, iFile, has been given iOS 8 support. iFile 2.1.0-1 also gets full iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus support, apart from bug fixes and improvements.
Here’s the full changelog for iFile 2.1.0-1:
- Added Hebrew localization.
- Added iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus support.
- Added icons for iPhone 6 Plus.
- During search in file list the search magnifying glass icon gets replaced with an activity indicator.
- Fixed problem in not listing some external viewers, e.g. Whatsapp, Dropbox, iMovie etc.
- Fixed issue that Bluetooth transfers via GameKit were not working on iOS 7+ anymore.
- Fixed issue that stored URL from a 2nd tab will be stored back to 1st tab.
- Fixed that status bar was black on black in Audio Player.
- Fixed bug in Box SDK that lead to crash on launch on iOS 8.
- Updated “Pull down to refresh” arrow with iOS 7 styled one on iOS 7 and later.
- Fixed that integer numbers containing a decimal indicator (, or .) got interpreted as floats in Property List Editor number fields.
The new iFile update is now available in Cydia’s BigBoss repo for free. To get all the features, you will need to pay.
Another useful tweak, MyWi, has been updated to work on iOS 8. MyWi is perhaps the best solution for tethering on your jailbroken device. You get a tonne of options to play with when using MyWi for tethering.
MyWi 8 brings iOS 8 and iPhone 6/6 Plus support, however, this release is still in beta. Due to this being in beta, Bluetooth/OnDemand Tethering and Instant Hotspot isn’t available. Also, there is no status bar icon as of now.
You can download MyWi from Cydia for $19.99 if you’re a new user. If you’re not and already had it before, then you get this update for free.
Popular Control Center tweak, CCSettings, has also received an update giving it iOS 8 support. This tweak allows you to install extra toggles than the standard ones that iOS 8 comes with.
The new toggles will be accessible by swiping left to right on the Toggles bar in Control Center. You can use the tweak to re-arrange all the toggles and also remove stock ones. It’s available in the BigBoss repo for free.
Check out our Cydia Tweak List for more tweaks for your jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.