The latest version of TaiG can now be used to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2. Apple released iOS 8.1.2 yesterday and it fixes certain bugs in iOS 8.1.1. Follow our easy guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 using TaiG 1.2 on Windows. The TaiG tool hasn’t been released for Mac yet, hence a Windows tutorial. The steps are similar on a Mac and you can use a Virtual Machine software to run Windows on your Mac and use the TaiG tool.
Make sure you backup your iOS device before jailbreaking. You will need to turn off Passcode lock, Touch ID and Find My iPhone. It is also advisable to enable Airplane Mode.
Here’s How To Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 Using TaiG 1.2:
- Download TaiG 1.2 from our downloads page. Extract it.
- Launch the TaiG application by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.
- Connect your iOS device and wait for TaiG to recognize it.
- Uncheck the 3K Assistant box and proceed to click on Start.
- The process should be over in about 30 seconds and your device should reboot.
- After reboot, unlock your device to find Cydia on your Homescreen.
And you’re jailbroken on iOS 8.1.2. You can now try out your favorite tweaks, which should work fine, on your jailbroken iOS device.