Do you want to play Super Nintendo games on your iOS device, but don’t know how to? Well, here’s an easy step-by-step guide to installing a Super Nintendo emulator on your iOS device and start gaming. This doesn’t require a jailbroken device and works on iOS 8 – 8.0.2 as well and on any device that’s capable of running iOS 8 or later.
This is a guide for installing SiOS, a very popular emulator for iOS that lets you play Super Nintendo games such as Super Mario Kart, Tetris Attack and many more. However, you will need to perform a simple date trick to install this emulator and use it. Follow the step-by-step instructions below.
How To Install Super Nintendo Emulator SiOS
- On your iOS device, open iEmulators.com using Safari.
- Tap on Apps and look for SiOS.
- Tap on Install and select Install once again when prompted. Exit Safari to see SiOS loading, but not installing, on your Homescreen.
- Cancel any error messages and head over to Settings>General>Date & Time and toggle Set Automatically off. Turn the date back to say a couple of months. You should now see SiOS installing.
- Once it’s installed, open SiOS and exit out and you can change your date back to the current date.
That’s all folks. SiOS is now installed on your iOS device. It has been confirmed that Apple has managed to patch the date trick used in this tutorial in iOS 8.1 beta 1 and 2, so you will not be able to install SiOS or any other emulator that uses this method.
iOS 8.1 is scheduled to be released sometime this month!