The latest version of TaiG can now be used to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2. Apple released iOS 8.1.2 yesterday and it fixes certain bugs in iOS 8.1.1. Follow our easy guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 using TaiG 1.2 on Windows. The TaiG tool hasn’t been released for Mac yet, hence a Windows tutorial. The steps are similar on a Mac and you can use a Virtual Machine software to run Windows on your Mac and use the TaiG tool.
Make sure you backup your iOS device before jailbreaking. You will need to turn off Passcode lock, Touch ID and Find My iPhone. It is also advisable to enable Airplane Mode.
Here’s How To Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 Using TaiG 1.2:
- Download TaiG 1.2 from our downloads page. Extract it.
- Launch the TaiG application by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.
- Connect your iOS device and wait for TaiG to recognize it.
- Uncheck the 3K Assistant box and proceed to click on Start.
- The process should be over in about 30 seconds and your device should reboot.
- After reboot, unlock your device to find Cydia on your Homescreen.
And you’re jailbroken on iOS 8.1.2. You can now try out your favorite tweaks, which should work fine, on your jailbroken iOS device.
The TaiG team have updated their jailbreak tool to support jailbreaking of iOS 8.1.2 firmware. Apple released iOS 8.1.2 yesterday and it was confirmed that the firmware can be jailbroken using TaiG. And now, you can download TaiG 1.2 and jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 untethered.
TaiG 1.2.0 is available for download from our downloads section. A tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 using TaiG 1.2.0 will follow soon. Nothing has been changed in the way the TaiG tool functions, just that it can jailbreak the newly released iOS 8.1.2 now.
If you’ve been waiting to update to iOS 8.1.2, you can do so now.
For guides on how to jailbreak and install Cydia:
The TaiG team, who released the jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1, have updated the Windows tool and also pushed an update to the jailbreak via Cydia. This is a minor update and is only for those who’ve jailbroken their device using the TaiG tool.
If you recently used the TaiG Windows tool to jailbreak your iOS device, then you’re going to want to update to the new version. TaiG version 1.1 fixes sandboxing issues with the previous version, so yes it’s nothing a regular user should be concerned about.
To update, you can either download the latest TaiG iOS 8.1.1 Jailbreak tool for Windows from our download center. Or you can install the update via Cydia. If you chose the latter option, you will need to add the following repo to your Cydia sources by going to Sources>Edit>Add.
Once you’ve added the repo, you will see TaiG 8.0-8.1.1 Untether in your list of changes. Simply install and your jailbreak will be updated.
Haven’t jailbroken yet? Try our easy step-by-step tutorial to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1.
The TaiG team have released updates to their iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak tool after releasing it to the public last week. The first version had some bugs that were encountered by some people when jailbreaking and it was in Chinese. The latest version of the tool, 1.0.2, is now available in English and it comes with some improvements.
They’ve also made their official website available in English at Taig.com/en. The jailbreak tool for Windows is now even more easier to use, but make sure to uncheck the box that says 3K Assistant.
Below are the changelogs for all the versions released by the TaiG team:
- You can delete 3K assistant from Cydia
- Accelerate Jailbreak speed
- Improve the stability of Jailbreak
If you’ve been waiting for TaiG to release an English version of their tool, it is now available. You can download TaiG iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak tool for Windows version 1.0.2 from our downloads section. Follow our tutorial here to jailbreak your iOS device using TaiG. A Mac version is still not available.
A brand new untethered jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 was released earlier today by TaiG. If you’ve updated to iOS 8.1.1 and don’t want to downgrade, you can follow our step-by-step guide and jailbreak your iOS device.
You’re going to have to backup your iOS device and do the following before jailbreaking using the TaiG tool on Windows:
- Download TaiG iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak for Window from our downloads page.
- Turn off Find my iDevice, TouchID and Passcode lock on your iOS device.
- Enable Airplane mode.
- Connect your iOS device to the PC and make sure iTunes recognizes it.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 Using TaiG On Windows:
- Now, extract the downloaded TaiG file to the desktop. Open the folder, right click on the TaiG application and select Run as Administrator.
- Your device should show up on the tool. The TaiG tool is in Chinese, but worry not. Deselect the second box that says 3K-something. Click on the Green button.
- The jailbreak process should start. It will take less than 2 minutes for it to finish and you will be shown with a smiley face at the end.
- The jailbreak process is now complete. Your iOS device should now reboot. This is normal. Upon reboot, you’ll see the Cydia app on your Homescreen.
Your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 8.1.1 is now running an untethered jailbreak. Time to try out your favorite tweaks if you haven’t already.
Be sure to check out our Cydia Tweak List page to find tweaks for your newly jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Pangu8 1.2.1 is now available for download and it comes packaged with the latest Cydia Installer 1.1.16. This shows that both Saurik and the Pangu team are working hard to make the iOS 8 jailbreak stable.
So far, the iOS 8 jailbreak has been plagued with lot of problems, but as the version goes higher, the issues are being fixed. The Pangu team also gave some more good news through their Twitter account. They posted a tweet saying that they’re working on a Mac version of the jailbreak tool, and that it will be available in a few days.
If you’re a Mac user and have been patiently waiting for a native Pangu jailbreak tool, you won’t have to wait much longer. Hopefully, the team will release a Mac version by this Sunday. If you have already jailbroken and installed Cydia 1.1.16, you don’t have to re-jailbreak.
You can download Pangu 1.2.1 for windows from our downloads page.
Yesterday, the Pangu team released an update for the Pangu 8.0-8.1.x Untether on Cydia with certain fixes. Now, they’ve updated the Pangu jailbreak tool to include those bug fixes.
Users with 32 bit devices were reporting overheating and random app crashes after jailbreaking using Pangu for iOS 8. Version 0.4 of the Untether, which was released yesterday, fixed the problems. The Pangu tool version 1.2.0, released today, also includes the bug fixes. Here’s the full changelog for Pangu 1.2.0:
1. Fix the issue that launchd may drain cpu on 32bit devices.
2. Fix Safari reloading bug and occasionally crash problem.
3. Optimize jailbreak process.
4. Restore function now support iPad Air2/iPad Mini3.
If you haven’t already jailbroken your iOS device, you can use the Pangu 1.2.0 for Windows to jailbreak your device. You can follow our step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak using the Pangu tool. In case you have already installed yesterday’s Untether 0.4, then you won’t have to use this tool to re-jailbreak.
Download Pangu8 1.2.0 for Windows from our downloads page.
The Pangu team recently released an easy to use tool that successfully jailbreaks iOS 8.1 on any supported device. The tool is similar to the iOS 7.1.x jailbreak software and only requires you to click a button and voila, you’re jailbroken.
Any iOS device that runs iOS 8 or later can be jailbroken using the Pangu tool. The software is currently only available for Windows users and is in Chinese. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.1 using Pangu for iOS 8 tool.
Before you begin, make sure you turn off the Passcode Lock and disable Find my iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It is recommended that you backup your device in case something goes wrong. Once all this is done, you’re ready to begin.
- Download Pangu for iOS 8 v1.0.1 from our downloads section.
- Launch the Pangu tool and connect your iOS device.
- Uncheck the box as seen on the above screenshot.
- Once your device is recognized, the grey button will turn blue. This is the jailbreak button. You’ll also see your device shown above the progress bar.
- Click on the jailbreak button to begin the process. It should take a few minutes to complete. Wait for your device to reboot and you should now see a Pangu app on your homescreen. Tap on the Pangu app to finish the jailbreaking process.
There you go. You’ve successfully jailbroken your device on iOS 8.1. You now have SSH access to your iOS device, but you will not find Cydia, as it isn’t packaged with the jailbreak tool as of now. You can follow our tutorial to install Cydia manually and try out your favorite tweaks on iOS 8.